We are seeking a Hospice Social Worker for our new location in the Omaha, NE area. This position will have the opportunity to serve patients and families while establishing a community presence and building the framework to develop an exceptional team. Hospice of the Midwest will provide thorough training and support in developing this new location and team!
Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s illness and the environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group
- Carrying out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect or abuse, and plans interventions based on evaluation findings
- Counseling patients and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress and other identified coping difficulties, providing crisis intervention when necessary
- Assessing for any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family
- Maintaining clinical records on all patients referred to social work
- Participating in the development of the individualized plan of care involving the patient and family, and attending regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings
- Assisting physicians and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues
- Assisting family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal and healthcare decision responsibilities
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one year experience in health care. Hospice experience preferred.
- Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying
- CMSW (Certified Master Social Worker) in the state of NE