We are seeking a Hospice Team Coordinator in an Administrative Assistant type role for our expansion to Glenwood, IA area. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate scheduling, patient records, supply inventory and other related clerical duties supporting the RN Clinical Director.
Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Processes new patient referral information into the computer EMR system on a timely basis
- Maintains adequate inventory of medical supplies/items needed to provide appropriate patient care
- Coordinates and verifies clinical documentation for input, Admission through Discharge.
- Maintains and updates accurate schedule for field staff
- Maintains current log of interim orders and plans of care (POCs) to verify submission and return date to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director/Administrator
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in health care, preferably in hospice care
- Previous health care related billing experience preferred
- Experience working with EMR system, preferably Homecare Homebase